Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Next Step

So, my husband is really getting into this biking thing.  He has been getting up at 6:30am to ride.  That is WAY TOO EARLY for me, so I haven't been joining him.  He found out about this app for his phone that tells you how far and fast you rode and how many calories you burned.  So, he downloaded it and decided that I should download it too. 

I must admit it is cool.  My only problem is that I don't know where to put it.  Biking shorts have padding, but no pockets.  Biking shirts have pockets, but, dang they are expensive.  It will be cheaper to buy a holder for my iphone.  It attaches to my handlebars and then I can watch my progress. 

This app will also post my progress to facebook.  Hmmm....I'm thinking about doing that.  I read an article on the internet that says that people who post their workouts and are part of a workout "community" are more successful.  Now, I need success here.  Remember?  I signed up for 27 miles.  I have to ride that in one day!!!  Me, who is allergic to exercise (I get all red, sweaty, increased heart rate - that's an allergy, right?).  I honestly don't know what I was thinking the day I registered.  27 miles???  27 blocks is more my speed.

After all, I've been really trying to ride more in the last 2 weeks (I told you I'm behind on my blogs) and I haven't even totalled 27 miles yet and I've taken 4 rides.  Help!!!  Will y'all help me?  Will you hold me accountable, please????

PS. - The app is called iMapmyRide.  They also have map my run, map my walk, etc.  It is part of mapmyfitness.com  Go and check it out.  Oh, and guess what my user name is.....fatbikermom!

No comments:

Post a Comment