Thursday, August 4, 2011

I would rather ride 27 miles than....

I decided that I would put my whining into perspective.  I would rather ride 27 miles than...

1.  Run.  We have friends whose son just placed 2nd in a 50K run.  50K?  50K?  I know that I couldn't even run 1K!  I'm not even really sure how long 1K is!  (I did get a kick out of the name of the race "Big Butts".  How fun!)

2. Watch ANY of the "Friday the 13th" movies.  I don't even know how many there are now.  If you know, then you scare me.  I have NO desire to watch them.

3.  Work as a garbage collector.  In Houston today the heat index is predicted to be 110.  Can you imagine riding on the back of a garbage truck in that?  Talk about stinky!  Whew, it makes me gag to think of it.

4.  And speaking of gagging...I rather ride 27 miles than throw up all day long.  My record is 17 times in 12 hours.  My friends call me "The Queen of Vomit"  Once I start, it just won't stop.  I ride anywhere rather than do that again.

5.  Watch my dad and friends poke themselves 5 times a day to check their blood sugar and then give themselves shots.  It's time to find a cure.  Won't you please donate to Tour de Cure?

No comments:

Post a Comment